What is Tezos- World’s First Self-Ammending Blockchain Platform
Tezos is the world’s first self-evolving blockchain platform for Smart Contracts and Decentralized applications (dApps) .
Tezos is similar to other smart contracts and dApp platforms such as Ethereum, NEO, QTUM, ICON, Waves, etc but with one major difference, i.e, Tezos is is a self-amending blockchain which can evolve as per the needs of the industry without getting forked from time to time. In Tezos model, the stakeholders governs the protocol. Tezos has set out to establish a true digital commonwealth, a network in which all people involved can let their voices be heard and have a shared loyalty.
The self-amendment feature helps in the upgrading of blockchain without undergoing a hard fork. And hard forks are generally not good for the community as it destroys the network effects for which the community has worked so far for.
Proof Of Stake
Tezos uses an alternative Delegated Proof-of-stake protocol named as Liquid Proof-Of-Stake to achieve consensus. It requires stakeholders to stake a certain number of Tezos coins to participate in attaining consensus. In case of Tezos, the process of staking Tezos coins is known as “BAKING”. Through baking, the participating nodes can earn more TEZOS coins (XTZ).
Difference Between Tezos And Ethereum
Following are the points of difference between Tezos and Ethereum:-
How To Buy Tezos? | From Where To Buy Tezos Cryptocurrency?
Tezos cryptocurrency is listed on and can be purchased from the following”../top-cryptocurrency-exchanges/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”> list of cryptocurrency exchanges:-
- HitBTC (XTZ/BTC, XTZ/ETH, XTZ/USTD)
- Gate.io (XTZ/BTC, XTZ/ETH, XTZ/USTD)
- Coinone (XTZ/KRW)
- Gatecoin (XTZ/BTC, XTZ/USD)
How To Buy Tezos Cryptocurrency in India?
At the time of publishing this article, no cryptocurrency exchanges in India had listed Tezos (XTZ) cryptocurrency. Thus, if you are willing to buy Tezos cryptpcurrency, you can buy from the above mentioned cryptocurrency exchanges, in exchange of Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH).
Tezos Wallet | Where To Store Tezos Cryptocurrency
Tezos has it’s own blockchain and thus it has it’s own wallets. Do not transfer coin to any ERC-20 wallets. Following are some wallets which are meant to store Tezos Cryptocurrency:-
- Desktop Wallet: “https://github.com/kukai-wallet/kukai/releases”>Kukai
- Mobile Wallet: “https://wallet.tezbox.com/#/new”>TezBox, Tezos.blue (“http://tezos.blue/”>iOS, Android, Windows)
- Web Wallet: “https://kukai.app/”>Kukai, “https://wallet.tezbox.com/#/new”>TezBox
As it is a pretty new entrant to the crypto market, finding a hardware wallet for Tezos is not possible as of now.
The Tezos project is the brain-child of Frenchmen Arthur Breitman. Breitman has significant experience working for large corporates like Morgan Stanly and Goldman Sachs. Arthur Breitman is a computer scientist and mathematician who has experience working in the financial sector.
Arthur manages the Tezos project along with his wife Kathleen. Kathleen Breitman also has experience in the financial sector, working previously for renowned companies such as Bridgewater Associates and R3.
Following are Tezos team members:-
Following are the advisors to Tezos project:-
Tezos Official Resource Links
Some official links that will keep you updated on Tezos:
- “https://tezos.com/static/papers/white_paper.pdf” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener noreferrer” style=”color: #0c71c3;”>Whitepaper
- “https://twitter.com/tez0s” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener noreferrer” style=”color: #0c71c3;”>Twitter
- “https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeXYClRGsIfqS_sqMeolqQ” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener noreferrer” style=”color: #0c71c3;”>YouTube